Frequently Asked Questions
- What different sizes and colors does nylon webbing come in?
As part of our commitment to ensuring our customers find the best product for their project, we offer nylon webbing in a wide variety of colors, sizes, strengths, and styles.
Web Strapping Color List as of 8/15/2014:
- Blaze Orange
- Bright Purple
- Christmas Green
- Copper Gold
- Coyote Tan
- Dark Olive Drab
- Dark Red
- Ecru White
- Electric Lime Green
- Foliage Green
- Forest Green
- Green Apple
- Hot Lime Green
- Hot Pink
- Hot Yellow
- Ice Blue
- Navy Blue
- Neon Orange
- Neon Pink
- Neon Yellow
- Ocean Blue
- Red Berry
- Royal Blue
Nylon Strap Width List:
- 1 1/2"
Nylon Strap Length List:
- 5 Yards
- 10 Yards
- 16 Yards
- 20 Yards
- 25 Yards
- 50 Yards
- 100 Yards
- 300 Yards
- 350 Yards
- 500 Yards
Please note that not all nylon strap colors are available in all widths, and not all widths are available in all lengths. In some cases special orders can be assembled to meet your project. Talk to a customer service representative to learn more.
- What does this nylon webbing feel like and what are its capabilities?
Nylon strapping material feels soft and lustrous. Almost Slick.
Nylon web offers many beneficial properties over other materials:
- Machine Washable (but dry on low heat only)
- Melting Point of 480 degrees Fahrenheit
- Tensile strength depends on width and thickness (Light, Heavy, Heavy Plus, Super Heavy)
- Benchmark tensile strength is our 1" heavy nylon webbing strap @ 4,200lb
- High strength to weight ratio
- Low stretch (< 2%)
- Does not degrade in sunlight
However, nylon web does have some limitations:
- Isn't waterproof
- It can mildew if it gets wet and is not dried properly
* For applications where waterproofing is the primary concern, polypropylene webbing is recommended.
- What applications are Nylon Straps Used For?
Nylon straps can be used for a variety of applications, depending on the strength and length of webbing used.
Low-stress applications (any size nylon strapping appropriate):
- Rifle Sling
- Purse Strap
- Camera Strap
- Backpack straps
- Shopping bags
Medium-Stress Applications (Use 1 inch, 3/4 inch or 5/8 inch, according to demand):
- Straps under cushions on sofas
- Strapping used to hold up HVAC ducts
High-Stress applications (Use 1 inch, 3/4 inch or 5/8 inch, and verify appropriate tensile strength):
- Boat Rigging
- Tie Downs
- Tow Strap
- Ratchet Straps
- Kayaking straps
- Climbing (ONLY in Tubular Nylon, not Flat Nylon Webbing)
If you are unsure about whether a product is right for your project, please contact us to ask. Our customer service representatives are experts on our products and can help you understand the benefits and drawbacks to each product, so you can find the perfect one for your project.
- Where is the nylon webbing made?
As part of our commitment to providing quality products, we only sell nylon webbing that is manufactured in the United States. This ensures that all nylon webbing is manufactured to the highest performance and safety standards.
- How is it made/what is the construction of it?
For flat nylon webbing, threads are woven together on a loom much like any other textile. For tubular nylon webbing, the webbing is crafted into a flat tube. The specific pattern can be changed to alter the aesthetic properties or durability of the nylon webbing straps.
- Why should I buy Country Brook's nylon webbing?
In a word: Integrity. We believe in selling only the highest quality products at the fairest price possible, which is why we offer nylon webbing wholesale. Our sales staff bend over backwards to help you match the right product for your project, even if it means sending you to a competitor. Plus we stand behind our products with a no hassle return policy.